Sunday, August 16, 2015

Casper

I am overwhelmed and encouraged by the positive comments. I know my writing isn't publish-worthy but these posts have long been promised to my friends here. :P Might as well start somewhere. :-) By the way, the posts are not all SGP. They vary so please feel free to indulge yourself in reading them.


Who doesn't forget their first? Even the most cocky, playboy/girl-ish men and women have their own share of firsts. And me, simple ol' me also have my own share. Now before you get excited if it's my first time in doing the thingy, it's not... awwww :P Read on! 

I mentioned in this A-Z series about Alvin who suddenly went MIA. I also did mention that people do not usually learn after a one-time mistake; usually takes more than that. I am not proud to say that the first guy I considered my "boyfriend" and I met in a very unorthodox way. He probably was doing what I did in the Alvin story one day in August of 1995. I was at my Dad's office when I picked up the phone. He looked for another person's name; I told him "wrong number". 


During this time, it was pretty common to get a wrong number so I just quickly hung up after. A good five or ten minutes after, he called again and since my Dad wasn't back yet, I picked up the phone again. It was him. I forgot what his words were but I soon found myself talking with him. 


I was a few days shy of my 15th birthday and he was 19. Let's call him Casper because it was the movie about to be shown or was being shown right about that time. Casper, based on what he told me, is a 3rd year college student from FEU. Management something yung course. He was a drummer in their pep squad. During this time, UAAP wasn't as big as it is today although I was already a fan because Paolo Mendoza was my crush. 


At the end of our first hour-long conversation, he asked for my phone number. What followed was a two-week long "courtship." Then, we became a couple. At this point, I still have not seen him and there was still no FB or IG. But we both agreed we will meet, of course. It happened on a Tuesday afternoon. 


My Mom was still at work. And my Dad wouldn't be home yet. My grandmother tended to some errands so only the house help were at home. They knew Casper will be there. I was giddy and scared. After all, what if he wasn't the guy I had envisioned. His description of himself was pretty much typical and genetic: 5'6 1/2 tall, medium built with muscles coz of his drumming thing, clean cut, not maputi nor maitim. Heck, he could be anyone! Pwede rin yung nagta-tricycle sa kanto but of course I didn't say that. I just said: "whatever you look like, I already care for you." 


That line still works for me in the present day. LOL. Going back, I heard a trike stop. 


I told him our gate was white but it wasn't. So I saw this guy alight the trike, and then glanced in my direction. It was then that I opened our gate and asked him to come in. My heart was beating very fast. OMG, I'm kilig! This is it. In present time, this is like the #kathniel with a mix of Forevermore. Okay, I'm exaggerating but I felt so happy, it's like my lips were on auto-smile. As soon as I closed the gate behind us, he grabbed my hand. Then I came. KIDDING! Agad agad?! LOL We then went inside and sat at the sofa. 


I was reeling with the reality. OMG. You've arrived, P. May boyfriend ka na. You're 15 and he's uhm, so matured. Si "Ate" served us snacks then discreetly left us. I noted that I will treat her isaw later that day. haha. One thing that I can still remember vividly was how great Casper smelled. Susme, parang walking perfume. Ang his hands, which never let go of mine, were so soft. Parang hindi nagda-drums. So we were sweet sweet and all. He asked about school which ended early on that day etc. He saw a guitar lying around the house and he gamely got it and sang for me. 


In my mind, ay grabe mahal ko na siya. Hahaha. Then we stopped. He then stared at me and asked if he may kiss me. I'm like. OMG. Hala, how will I tell him I have no idea how to kiss. Sa tanang buhay ko, ang naka-kiss pa lang sa akin ay Dad ko at Lolo ko. Susmaria. Baka mabuntis ako. Yes, that's how innocent and naive I was. Akala ko pag ki-niss ako ay mabubuntis ako. He sensed my hesitation and nervousness. He said, "okay lang if you're not ready." 


I looked at him gratefully but a nagging feeling didn't leave me. I was curious and scared. Obviously, my curiosity got the better of me. I looked at him and said yes. He looked at my face (imagine, shy pa ako nun so medyo naka-bow sa side nang unti ang head). :P He tipped my head and lightly grazed thumb on my lips. I closed my eyes. 


Oh my gosh. I was thinking. "Papatayin ako pag nabuntis ako pero baka hindi naman mabuo..." Then slowly, I can feel his breath on my face then he kissed me on my lips. Sweet, soft, and short. I opened my eyes and looked at him. I asked, "yun lang?" 


Then he laughed and he said I didn't want to do something you might not like. Sabi ko, it wasn't even long enough for me to know whether it was something I'd like or not. He smiled then he said, "okay." I then braced myself. Again. Then he stopped. 


He said, have you heard of the crucifix kiss? I looked at him as if he said the most amazing thing on Earth. "What?", I uttered. Then he said, it's like this. He then kissed me ever so lightly on my forehead. Wow. Sarap. Then he went to my left cheek, then to my right. Lastly, he went to my lips. He kissed my lips with such softness that I felt like I had butter on my lips. 


It wasn't forceful nor aggressive and during that young age of mine, I thought it was love... Aaargghh... Casper gave crucifix an entirely different meaning.



★ Piper ★

No comments:

Post a Comment